Peanut Butter Cookie–Stuffed Brownies
This is seriously the best way we've ever combined peanut butter and chocolate.
- FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- FOR THE TOPPING
- ¼ c. peanut butter, microwaved until pourable
- ¼ c. chopped Reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8"-x-8" baking pan with parchment paper. Make the brownie dough: Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and pour into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Make peanut butter cookie dough: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough on top of brownie batter and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then drizzle with peanut butter and top with Reese’s Pieces. Slice into squares before serving.