Meatloaf gets a bad rap, and Chef Millie Peartree is here to change that. Say goodbye to bland & boring and hello to FLAVOR.
- FOR THE MEATLOAF:
- Cooking spray
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- ½ c. ground crackers or bread crumbs
- 1 medium cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ c. ketchup
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- ½ c. barbecue sauce
- ¼ c. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease an 8½”-x-4½” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey with crackers (or bread crumbs), onion, green pepper, egg, paprika, garlic powder, salt, thyme, black pepper, and ketchup, being sure not to overwork the meat mixture.
- Transfer meat mixture to a loaf pan (or shape it into a loaf on a rimmed baking sheet). In a small bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and ketchup. Spread sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake meatloaf for 1 hour 15 minutes, until internal temperature is 165°. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.