Waffle Corn Dogs
Doggonit' these are good!
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. chives
- Ketchup and mustard, for dipping
- Preheat a waffle iron. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg, and sour cream. Stir until evenly combined then fold in cheddar and chives.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise; stick a skewer into each piece.
- Spread about half of the batter onto waffle iron. Place hot dogs on top, then spread the remaining batter over hot dogs.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove waffle and slice into eighths.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.