Caramelised Vietnamese Shredded Beef
Caramelised Vietnamese Shredded Beef encompasses all that we love about Vietnamese food!
- 500g / 1lb (3 cups) leftover cooked brisket or other beef , shredded or chopped (Note 1)
- 1 - 2 tbsp oil , for cooking
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , light or all purpose
- 2.5 tbsp (packed) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste (Note 2)
- Rice or noodles
- Lime wedges OR Nuoc Cham (Note 3)
- Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves and/or finely sliced green onions
- Finely sliced red chilli, sliced cucumber, crushed peanuts*
- Mix Marinade in a bowl.
- Add shredded beef and mix. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add about half the beef and spread out in single layer.
- Leave undisturbed until golden (about 1 minute). Flip then cook the other side just briefly (about 30 seconds) just to heat and get a touch of golden, then remove.
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Serve over rice, using either limes or Nuoc Cham as the sauce, and garnishes of choice (I used them all in the photos!)