Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow)
Thai Basil Beef, or Pad Gra Prow, is an easy, delicious dish of stir-fried beef and thai basil. Thai Basil Beef over white rice is a perfect 15-minute meal.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 oz. beef (340g, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ of a red bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup thai basil leaves (packed)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil. Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the onions and stir-fry until browned and slightly caramelized.
- Toss the beef back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted. Serve with jasmine rice, and garnish with cilantro.