Barbecue Pineapple Chicken
This sweet and savory Barbecue Pineapple Chicken is so easy to put together, uses your favorite BBQ sauce, fresh pineapple chunks and gets a little kick from a diced jalapeño.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce of chioce separated
- 1 onion large, sliced
- 2 bell peppers red and or green, chopped
- 12 oz pineapple chunks fresh or frozen thawed
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cut onion in half and slice thin. Cut bell peppers into bite size pieces. Seed and dice the jalapeño. Set aide.
- In a bowl add chopped, bite-size chicken pieces and ⅔ cup of the barbecue sauce. Toss to coat, set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Arrange sliced onion in baking dish and top with marinated chicken pieces, bell peppers and pineapple. Brush remaining barbecue sauce on top, toss to coat and sprinkle on the diced jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.
- Serve and spoon sauce and juices over chicken.