M&M Fudge Brownies
Why have regular chocolate chips when you could have M&Ms?
- 175 g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra to grease
- 150 g dark (70%) chocolate, chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 160 g Chocolate M&Ms, 100g chopped, 60g left whole to decorate
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heat-proof bowl set over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally and making sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool down for about 20 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan) and lightly grease and line a 20.5cm (8in) square tin with baking parchment. Beat the eggs and sugar together until moussey (about 5 mins).
- Fold the dark chocolate mixture into the egg mixture with a large spoon. Sift over the flour and cocoa powder, add a pinch of salt and fold in until combined. Fold in the chopped M&Ms.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and spread to level. Sprinkle the whole M&Ms over, then bake for 30 minutes (until there is no wobble when you gently shake the tin). Allow to cool completely in the tin and then chill in the fridge for an hour before slicing into 16 equal squares.