Caramel-Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies
These Snickerdoodles are STUFFED with a caramel center.
- 1¾ c. Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 24 soft caramel candies
- GET THE INGREDIENTS
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line four large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of the Domino Golden Sugar and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon.
- Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl until evenly combined. In a separate large bowl, combine butter and 1 ½ cups of the golden sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion dough into 1 tablespoon balls. Flatten two balls, with the bottom of a glass, into disks, then place a caramel in the center of one disk and top with second disk (making a sandwich stack). Using your fingers, pinch around the edges to seal, then gently roll into a ball. Roll ball in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Arrange cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies begin to crack, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on trays 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.