Homemade Chicken Salad Waffle Sandwiches
A New Take on Chicken and Waffles: Homemade Chicken Salad Waffle Sandwiches
- waffles (homemade or store bought)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 3 cups of red seedless grapes
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper
- First, cut the grapes into halves and chop the celery stalks into ¼ inch thick pieces (or desired thickness). Chop the pecans as well. Toss the celery, grapes, and pecans into a big bowl.
- Then add honey, mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to the same bowl. Stir well.
- Next, cut the cooked chicken breasts into smallish pieces, then add it to the bowl and mix together until fully incorporated. Put the bowl in the fridge until chilled (about an hour). Then, add the chicken salad in between two waffles, with some lettuce, and you’re good to go. Yum!