Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos drizzled with a rich balsamic glaze for the classic Caprese flavour!
- Garlic butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5-6 large Portobello Mushrooms, tem removed, washed and dried thoroughly with a paper towel
- 5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape, (or cherry) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- fresh basil, shredded to garnish
- Balsamic Glaze: (or you can use store bought, or this recipe)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (OPTIONAL)
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each cap. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Balsamic Glaze
- (If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in the oven.) Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).