Brown Sugar Mint Julep
Brown Sugar Mint Juleps are perfect any day of the year.
- 2 limes, cut into eight pieces, juice of 2 limes, and lime wedges, for garnish
- 2 tbsp. light or dark brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 sprigs mint, plus additional for garnish
- 3 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- Add lime pieces, lime juice, brown sugar, salt, basil, and mint to a cocktail shaker. Muddle vigorously to release aromatics from herbs and juice from lime wedges.
- Add bourbon and enough ice to fill cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until mixture is well-chilled. Strain, preferably using a Hawthorne strainer so as to retain some of the herbs and citrus pulp, into two julep glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with remaining lime wedges and sprigs of mint.