Put the hamburger buns down!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Divide beef mixture into 4 patties, then flatten to ½” thick oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add patties and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside to keep warm.
- To same pan, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add flour and toss to coat veggies. Slowly whisk in broth, then add worcestershire and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return steaks to skillet and spoon sauce over. Heat until warmed through.