Argentinian Provolone Appetizer
Three ingredients. That's all it takes to get yourself into oozing cheesy Argentinian nirvana with this easy to make provoleta.
- 400 g provolone cheese cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- ½ tsp flakes
- Sourdough bread toasted
- Lay your slab of provolone onto the kitchen bench and press some fresh oregano leaves onto the top. Scatter some flakes over as well, pressing down gently so they stick.
- Heat a 12-14 cm cast iron skillet over medium-high flame. Lay the cheese in the skillet, unseasoned side down. Cook for a couple of minutes, or until it gets nice and golden on the bottom.
- Flip the cheese over with a spatula and cook the other side as well, until it all melts and fills the skillet.
- To serve, garnish with more oregano leaves and flakes. Simply dunk into it with the toasted bread.