Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad
Add flavor to your plate with this Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad. It’s a delicious side dish and it’s a great salad to enjoy during the colder months.
- 1½ Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (ghee, avocado oil, olive oil)
- 2 medium (8 oz. each) sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, roughly chopped (heaping cups)
- 4 slices uncured bacon cooked and chopped
- ⅓–1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo* (see homemade Chipotle Lime Mayo recipe below)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Add 1 Tbsp. of cooking fat to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add cubed sweet potatoes. Dash with a little sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes stirring throughout. Sweet potatoes should be cooked through.
- Then add the remaining ½ Tbsp. cooking fat, diced pepper, sliced onion, and garlic. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Then add kale and chopped bacon and sauté for 2-3 minutes longer until kale is slightly wilted.
- Transfer to a bowl (or leave in skillet) and gently stir in Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo. Serve warm. Leftovers can be served warm or cold for up to 5 days.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions, if desired.