Spiked Sparkling Basil Lemonade
Basil-infused vodka? Sign us up. This brings out the sweetness of the herb and turns the spirit a vibrant green.
- 9 large basil leaves, divided
- 4 oz. vodka
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. lemonade
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Infuse vodka: Tear 5 basil leaves into small pieces and place into a small glass jar with vodka. Seal tightly and shake, then infuse for at least 6 hours, up to 12 hours, shaking the jar occasionally.
- Make basil sugar: In a (preferably small) food processor, combine sugar and remaining basil. Pulse until basil is chopped into small, uniform pieces and sugar is pale green.
- Strain vodka into a glass measuring cup, squeezing basil leaves to release any remaining liquid.
- Rim glasses: Pour basil sugar onto a small, shallow plate. Fill another shallow plate with water until ¼" deep. Dip the rim of each glass first in water, then in basil sugar.5.Divide basil vodka between glasses, then add ½ cup lemonade to each. Fill glasses with ice cubes and top with seltzer. Garnish with lemon slices.