Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
This recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail shooters is a guaranteed run away hit of an appetizer.
- 2 Pounds Poached Shrimp peeled. *save some with tails on for garnish
- ½ Large Cucumber finely diced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion finely diced
- ½ Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Mango finely diced
- ¼ Cup Corn Kernels
- 2 Limes zested and squeezed
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- 1 12 oz. Jar Cocktail Sauce
- Dash of Salt
- Finely dice a cucumber. I leave the seeds in and the skin on. I like the deep green color of the skin but if you don’t, go ahead and remove the skin and/or the seeds.
- Finely, I mean, FINELY dice a ¼ cup of red onion. You don’t want to chomp down on big pieces of onion. I used a red onion but if you just have a white or yellow onion, that will work too.
- Chop a half bunch of cilantro. If you love cilantro, add the whole bunch. If you are not a fan, just do a ¼ of a bunch of cilantro. Please don’t leave it out completely. This Mexican shrimp cocktail recipe NEEDS cilantro.
- Finely dice a medium sized ripe mango. Not sure how to peel and dice a mango?
- Zest and juice two limes. I use a microplane zester.
- Add the corn. I use frozen corn kernels and I do not cook them.
- Lastly add 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados, diced.
- Remove the shells of the shrimp and dice the shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients with the cocktail sauce.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the hot sauce and/or the jalapeno pepper.
- Refrigerate for an hour so the flavors can develop and marry together.