Lemon Ricotta Pasta With Arugula
Simple and quick to make Creamy lemony pasta done in 20 minutes.
- 1 lb short pasta, like penne or rigatoni (I used Mezzi rigatoni)
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan or pecorino, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice from 1 to 2 lemons plus extra lemon wedges for serving
- 2 cups of arugula
- Chili flakes for serving
- Olive oil for serving
- Thinly sliced or torn basil leaves for serving (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Make the sauce in the same pot: add the ricotta, parmesan, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper to taste and stir until well combined.
- Stir or whisk in ½ cup of pasta water until smooth.
- Add the pasta and stir vigorously until the noodles are well coated adding more pasta water to loosen up the sauce as needed for a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the arugula.
- Serve immediately and top with remaining sauce from pan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with extra parmesan, red-pepper flakes and torn basil, if using and extra lemon wedges on the side.