Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake Traybake
This baked cheesecake is filled with strawberries & cream.
- 300 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
- 475 g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 225 g caster sugar
- 500 g full fat cream cheese
- 2 x 227g tubs of clotted cream
- 3 tbsp. plain flour
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 yolk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan). Whiz the biscuits in a food processor until fine then add the butter and whiz again until well combined. Transfer to a 20cm x 30cm loose bottomed baking tray and press into the base until evenly spread and chill while you make the filling.
- Add 300g of the quartered strawberries to a saucepan with 25g of the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat, until soft and jammy, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, clotted cream, remaining sugar, plain flour, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla using an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes, until slightly aerated.
- Fold through the strawberry mixture then pour this over the biscuit base and bake on the middle shelf of the oven. You might want to put this on a baking tray in case any of the mixture leaks as it cooks.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes until just set but with still a slight wobble in the middle. Turn the oven off, open the oven door slightly and leave to cool in the oven for 1 hour then remove from the oven to cool completely.
- Chill in the fridge until cold, at least 2 hours. Once cold and you are ready to serve, top with the remaining quartered strawberries and serve.