Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken
Bourbon adds a smoky depth to this easy, slow cooker chicken.
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. barbecue sauce, plus more for drizzling
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. bourbon
- ¼ c. Italian dressing
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Potato buns
- Coleslaw, for serving
- In a slow-cooker, add chicken breasts, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, Italian dressing, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss until well coated, then cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve on buns with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw.