PB & J Poke Cake
Peanut Butter & Jelly Poke Cake is your favorite childhood snack in dessert form.
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1½ c. strawberry jam
- 1 c. peanut butter
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. peanut butter
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare baking mix according to package directions. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over cake in rows.
- Place jam and peanut butter into 2 separate bowls and microwave until loose, about 10 seconds. Pour jam over every other row of holes. Pour peanut butter over remaining rows.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until no lumps remain, then add vanilla and heavy cream.
- Frost cake with peanut butter frosting and top with chopped peanuts.