Slow-Cooker Sausage & Peppers
Super satisfying and super easy.
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. basil, thinly sliced
- 6 hoagie rolls, toasted
- Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low 6 hours.
- Stir basil into the cooked sausage and peppers. Serve warm on toasted hoagie rolls.