Double Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
Double chocolate muffins with chunks of raspberries that are free of dairy, eggs, and refined sugar, with gf option included!
- 1.5 cup (142g) oat flour* (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- ¾ cup (90g) unbleached all-purpose flour or gf 1-to-1 flour blend
- 1 cup (147g) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup (48g) unsweetened unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup (295 ml) almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 flax egg – 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup avocado oil, melted coconut oil, or other oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- ½ cup (3.5oz) chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top (use dairy-free, if needed)
- 6 ounces raspberries, (about 2–3 per muffin)
- chocolate sauce: (optional)
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2–3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½–1 teaspoon almond milk or water, only if needed to thin out the syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pan with 10 or 12 paper liners and set aside.
- Make a flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for a few minutes until gelled together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, ap flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder/soda, and salt. Add milk, flax egg, oil and vanilla, mixing just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups almost full and sprinkle extra chocolate chips, plus 2–3 raspberries on top of each muffin cup of batter.
- Place pan into the preheated oven and bake for 18–22 minutes, or just until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean.
- Let muffins cool completely before handling. They are fragile when hot. Makes 10–12 muffins, depending on the size of your pan and how much you fill each liner.
- to make chocolate sauce: (optional)
- Mix together maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Add milk or water, if needed to thin. Drizzle onto muffins.