Smoky Chipotle Cheddar Burgers with Mexican Street Corn Fritters.
Perfect game day burgers.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
- ¾ whole panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 in chipotle chiles adobo from a can minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices thick sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns toasted
- 1-2 avocados mashed lightly with lime juice 2T cilantro, pinch of salt + pepper
- Mexican Street Corn Frittes
- 1 jalapeno seeded + minced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt + pepper
- ½ cup milk any % you prefer
- 1¼ cups sweet yellow corn about 2 ears
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4-6 ounces cotija cheese crumbled
- canola oil for frying
- To prepare the burgers add the ground turkey or chicken to a medium bowl. Add the panko, lime juice, garlic, chipotle chiles, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix until just combined and then form the meat into 4 equal size patties. Place on a plate and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- To make the corn fritters, add the flour, baking powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and milk to a bowl. Stir until combined. Fold in the corn, cilantro and cotija cheese. It should be the consistency of a very thick pancake batter, if needed add a tablespoon more of milk. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Add oil to a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat. When the oil is hot add a about 1-2 teaspoons of batter to the pot. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, then repeat with remaining batter. Keep the fritters warm in the oven until the burgers are ready.
- Meanwhile turn up your grill or a grill pan to high heat. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or longer for your desired doneness. Add the cheddar cheese during the last minute of cooking.
- Spread a little mayo over the bottom of the toasted buns. Divide the burgers among the buns. Spread the mashed avocados over the burgers and top with street corn fritters. Add the top bun. DEVOUR.