Sometimes you just really need a good BLT. Right now is one of those times.
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- 4 (1/4" thick) slices vine-ripened tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, and cayenne.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet large with foil and set a wire rack on top. Lay bacon in a single layer on rack. Bake, rotating tray halfway through, until bacon is just golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and brush bacon generously with maple mixture. Turn oven to broil and return bacon to oven until glaze is thickened and bacon is crisp, watching carefully as it will cook fast, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with chili powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread. Top each slice with lettuce, tomato, and bacon, then close sandwiches with remaining 2 slices bread.