Jalapeño Popper Taquitos
Jalapeño Popper Taquitos come together in just 25 minutes.
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded, stemmed, and finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 slices Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Natural Cheese
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salsa, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken, bacon, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay one tortilla down on a work surface. Overlap 1 slice of pepper jack and 1 slice of cheddar covering as much of the tortilla as possible. Then spread about ¼ cup of cream cheese mixture over the cheese and onto the tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheddar, and filling.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and half of the taquitos, starting with the seam side down. Cover and cook, turning every 2 to 3 minutes then recovering, until golden all over and cheese is melted throughout. Remove from heat and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and taquitos.
- Serve taquitos sliced in half with salsa for dipping.