Melty Grilled Cheesy Frita Cubana
Because what's better than crispy fries on a burger?
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- FOR THE BURGER
- 4 brioche buns
- 8 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ c. ketchup
- 4 large pieces butter lettuce
- 1 c. shoestring potato chips
- Prepare a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the grill with vegetable oil. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, pork, vinegar, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season with salt.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 equally-sized patties, about 4 inches wide. Using your thumb, press a shallow indent into the center of each burger.
- Place buns on grill cut side down and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Grill patties until crust develops on bottom side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook 4 minutes more. Top each burger with two slices of cheese, cover the grill, and cook until cheese is melted and meat is no longer pink in center about 2 minutes more. Remove burgers to a plate.
- To assemble, spread bottom buns with ketchup. Top with lettuce, shoestring fries, and a patty. Close the sandwich with top bun. Serve immediately.