Perfect Peach Crisp
This Peach Crisp has a topping worth fighting over.
- 6 large peaches, pit removed and sliced (about 6 c.)
- ¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof skillet, toss peaches with 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Place skillet on a large rimmed baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter (or your hands), incorporate butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add oats and squeeze mixture with your hands until big, moist clumps form.
- Scatter oat mixture on top of peaches and bake until peaches are bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 hour.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving with ice cream.