Esquites Pasta Salad
World's Best Pasta Salad award goes to...
- 1 lb. penne
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. frozen or fresh corn
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ⅓ c. Mexican crema or sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. crumbled cotija or feta
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add corn and cook until blistered, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, crema, lime juice, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, corn, cotija, and cilantro together. Add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.