Ultimate Peanut Butter Brownies
Loaded peanut butter brownies are *always* the answer
- 250 g salted butter
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150 g smooth peanut butter (we love Mani life)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 180 g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 226 g Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Minis Pouch Pieces
- 2 x 3-pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, very roughly chopped
- FOR THE DECORATION
- 30 g sweet and salty popcorn, scattered on top
- 20 g pretzels, scattered on top
- 3 tbsp. salted caramel sauce, to drizzle
- 1 tsp. flaky sea salt, to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat over to 180ºC (160ºC fan). Butter a square 20cm brownie tin and line with parchment paper.
- Set a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to create a bain-marie. Add the butter, chocolate and 100g of peanut butter over a medium heat stirring regularly until smooth. Once fully melted take off the heat.
- Add both the sugars to the chocolate bowl and stir through until fully incorporated. Leave to cool for 5
- Add eggs one at a time to the chocolatey mixture whisking gently after each addition until combined. Fold in the flour and baking powder mixture until incorporated. Then fold in the half the chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and mini half Reese’s Pieces minis.
- Pour the batter to the lined tin. With the remaining peanut butter, chopped Reese’s Pieces cups and Reese’s Pieces minis, swirl through and dot on top evenly and to make a rippling effect if you can.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with a few moist crumbs, approx. 30-35 minutes.
- After removing from oven top with piles of popcorn, pretzels, remaining Reese’s Pieces and drizzling of salted caramel sauce.
- Let cool in the baking tin for 15 minutes before using parchment paper to remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Slice up into squares and sprinkle over extra salted caramel sauce and sea salt if you like.