Oreo Tiramisu is a cookies & cream dessert taken to the next level.
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1¼ c. boiling water
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- ½ tbsp. dark rum
- 32 Oreos
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, whisk egg yolks and granulated sugar until doubled in volume and velvety smooth, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In another large bowl, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon salt, just until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk mascarpone into slightly cooled egg mixture, then gently fold in whipped cream.
- In a measuring cup or other tall glass, combine boiling water and coffee, then stir in rum. Dip Oreos in coffee, one at a time.
- Line the bottom of a 8"-x-8" baking dish with 16 dipped Oreos. Pour half the custard over top and smooth with a spatula. Repeat with remaining dipped Oreos and custard. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, dust top of tiramisu with cocoa powder.