Tuna Sashimi with Ponzu Sauce
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed both making it and eating it!
- 2 T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tsps Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 2½ T Dashi (*see note on how to make)
- 1¼ tsps Mirin
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- Pinch Gochugaru Korean Chili Flakes (or any chili flake of your choosing)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced paper thin)
- ¾ Pound Sushi Grade Yellowfin Tuna (sliced thin)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds (to garnish)
- Sunflower Sprouts (or any sprout of your choosing)
- 1 Scallion (sliced thin)
- In a large measuring cup, combine your soy sauce, lemon juice, Dashi, Mirin, rice vinegar and Gochugaru. whisk together until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine your Mayo, hot sauce and sesame oil and whisk together until combined. You can make this as spicy as you see fit.
- To plate: lay down a layer of cucumber slices, overlapping them slightly. Top with your thin sliced tuna. With a spoon, lightly apply your sauce from step 1 (you won't use all of it - because you want to reserve some for serving). Top then with some spicy mayo (from step 2), sesame seeds scallions, and sunflower sprouts. Serve cold.