An extravagant looking, yet simple dessert made with a sour cream dough that makes the crust super flaky. Easy and impressive!
- For Pastry
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour chilled in the freezer for 30 minutes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted, cut into pieces and chill again
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup ice water
- For filling
- 2 large peaches slices about ¼ of an inch in thickness
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup organic coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg for egg wash
- ¼ cup sliced almonds optional
- Make Dough: Start by making the pastry dough. Add the flour and salt to a large bowl and slightly whisk. Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until it resembles course sand. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice and water and add this to the butter-flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon or your fingers, mix in the liquid until large lumps form. Pat the lumps into a ball; do not overwork the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make Filling: In a bowl toss the peaches, blueberries and sugar together.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the Dough: On a floured work surface, roll the dough out into a 12-14 inch round. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Assemble: Arrange the peaches over the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge to make it fit. The center will be open. Brush crust with egg yolk. Sprinkle with more sugar if preferred and sprinkle some almonds over the crust.
- Bake: Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.