Easy Candy Apples
Is it even fall without Candy Apples??
- Cooking spray
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. water
- ½ c. light corn syrup
- 16 drops red food coloring
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment and grease parchment with cooking spray.
- Insert a wooden stick into the top of each apple, pushing about halfway through. Set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, combine sugar, ¾ cup water, corn syrup, and food coloring and bring to a boil. Insert candy thermometer and continue to boil until temperature reaches between 300° and 310°, about 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Working quickly and carefully—coating will be extremely hot—coat apples in candy mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Let cool completely before serving.