Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs
Texans, how'd we do on these Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs?!
- 8 medium jalapeños
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- ½ c. shredded Pepper Jack
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1½ tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped sgae
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 16 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a medium baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit with a cooling wrack.
- Make a cut on each pepper on one side from the stem to the tip. Use a spoon to remove seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, Pepper Jack, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Fill all jalapeños with cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, maple syrup, sage, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover each stuffed jalapeño with about ¼ cup of pork. (It should look like an egg!) Then, wrap each jalapeño in 2 slices of bacon, using toothpicks to secure as needed.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and meat is cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers.