Healthy Apple Crumble
Healthy Apple Crumble is perfect fall dessert .
- FOR THE APPLE FILLING
- 2 sweet red apples (Gala, Royal Gala, Pink Lady) cored and diced into 1cm cubes (approx. 300g net weight)
- 100 g sultanas
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 50 g rolled oats
- 25 g flaked almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Frozen yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan).
- In a pan, heat all the filling ingredients together in 50ml water stirring occasionally until apples are soft (about 15 mins).
- Meanwhile mix all topping ingredients together with a pinch of salt until combined. Set aside.
- Divide apple mixture between 4 ramekins and top with the oat mixture.
- Bake for 25 mins until golden. Serve warm or cold with frozen yoghurt or low-fat set Greek yoghurt.