Bacon-Weave Apple Pie
A bacon weave is the new lattice.
- 1 package store-bought pie crust
- 3 lb. apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into small wedges
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 10 pieces bacon, par cooked if desired
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
- Lay your pie crust into your pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour apples into pie crust and top with bacon lattice, trimming the edges if bacon extends past crust. Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove aluminum foil and bake another 15 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- Let pie cool, then slice and serve.