Hawaiian Coke Zero Sugar Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Hawaiian Coke Zero Sugar Pulled Pork Sandwiches are perfect for homegating.
- 1 can (12 oz.) Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, plus more for serving
- 1 c. ketchup
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- 1½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. shredded green cabbage
- 1 c. shredded red cabbage
- 2 c. finely chopped fresh pineapple
- ¼ c. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 packages Pepperidge Farm Sweet Hawaiian Slider Buns
- 2 c. barbecue or teriyaki sauce
- Combine the Coca-Cola with the ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, paprika, ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season pork shoulder all over with salt and pepper then add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until very tender (the meat should fall apart easily with a fork), on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pork from slow cooker and transfer to bowl. Let cool slightly while you make the slaw.
- In a medium bowl, combine the green and red cabbage with the pineapple, cilantro, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shred pork with two forks and pile onto buns. Top with barbecue or teriyaki sauce and a heaping spoonful of coleslaw.