Cauliflower & Broccoli Carbonara
This cheesy pasta is the best way to veg out.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. Macaroni
- 2 c. small broccoli florets
- 2 c. small cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- ¼ c. heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. During the last minute of cooking time, add broccoli and cauliflower. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine eggs and yolks, heavy cream, olive oil, and Parmesan. Mix well with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add back to pot. Stir in cheese mixture and parsley, then quickly toss together to evenly coat the pasta and prevent the eggs from scrambling. Add additional pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and pepper. Serve immediately.