Mac & Chili Stew
This cozy stew is like chili and mac & cheese in one.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Kosher salt
- McCormick Black Pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ c. whole milk
- ½ lb. macaroni pasta
- ½ c. finely chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 10 oz. shredded Gruyère
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add carrot, celery, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add red pepper, jalapeño, ground beef and McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and milk; bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni for 2 minutes less than package instructions. Drain.
- Stir in pasta, cilantro, and cheese until melted. Garnish with more cilantro before serving.