Spanish Chicken, Chorizo & Potato Braise
Something about this super simple Basque concoction is a sure thing for your midweek meat and three veg and I’ll have no doubt you’ll love it as much as I do.
- Olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 500g chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1tbs each cumin & paprika
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Salt & pepper
- Handful of chopped Italian parsley
- Crusty bread to serve
- Grab a big pot and heat it up over the highest heat you have then add the chorizo. Stir around for 5 or so minutes or until caramelised and charred then add the chicken, onion and garlic. You shouldn’t need to add oil as the fat from the chorizo should release. Turn down the heat slightly as you brown off the chicken then after couple of minutes, the capsicum, tomatoes, potato, cumin and paprika.
- Once you can start smelling the spices pour in the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper then half cover with a lid, reduce to a low heat and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Stir through the chopped parsley and have a taste to make sure it doesn’t need more salt or pepper then serve with crusty bread (I have also had this with polenta and it’s super yum).