Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
Sunny side eggs, crispy bacon and melted cheese, nestled in hollowed baked potatoes. This twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes recipe is crazy delicious!
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork all over
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 sliced cooked thick cut bacon
- 4 medium eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- thinly sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack in the center of the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender through the center.
- Remove and allow potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and hollow each half out, scooping the potato flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Turn each potato half over and carefully slice the bottoms with a knife (making sure not to slice through the hollowed centers) so each potato is level.
- Add butter and cream to the potato and mash together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir together.