Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin
This whole pumpkin is STUFFED with cheesecake.
- 1 (4-lb) pumpkin (about 6" wide)
- 3 (8-oz) blocks of cream cheese
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. Using a sharp knife, cut top off of pumpkin. Use a spoon to scrape insides out of pumpkin, making sure to get all of the strings and seeds. Save top and discard or roast pumpkin seeds.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated, then mix in sour cream. Add flour, pumpkin spice, and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour filling into pumpkin and place on a large baking sheet along with top, if desired.
- Place a large baking dish filled with water on lower oven rack and place baking sheet with pumpkin on oven rack in middle of oven. Bake until cheesecake is set, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Let cool at room temp for 1 hour, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.