Boozy Pumpkin Cake Trifles
Jack Daniel's lovers will flip out over these Boozy Pumpkin Cake Trifles.
- FOR CAKE:
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15.25-oz.) box yellow cake mix
- ¼ c. canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 c. heavy cream, cold
- 3 tbsp. Whiskey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- FOR TRIFLE:
- 1 c. caramel sauce, for drizzling
- 8 whiskey nips, for serving
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"-x-13" baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, eggs, pumpkin puree, water, oil, and pumpkin spice until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut cake into 1" cubes.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in cream, whiskey, vanilla, and salt and beat until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of 8 serving glasses, top with dollops of frosting, and drizzle with caramel. Repeat layering until glasses are full.
- Serve with a whiskey nip toppled upside-down in each glass.