Spiced Honey Bourbon Old Fashioned
Simply mix everything together for a cocktail that’s perfectly sweetened, spiced, and so delicious!
- Spiced Honey Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for serving
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods (or ½ teaspoon ground cardamom)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) bourbon
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) orange or clementine juice
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- 1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) spiced honey syrup
- To make the spiced honey syrup. In a medium pot, bring ½ cup water, the honey, rosemary, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the orange zest and vanilla. Let cool. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2-3 tablespoons honey syrup, the bourbon, lemon juice, orange juice, and orange bitters. Add ice and shake. Strain into a glass. Garnish with an orange slice and rosemary, if desired.