Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta is a weeknight dinner STAPLE.
- 12 oz. rotini pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ lb.)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium bell peppers stemmed, seeded, and cut into ½" strips
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into ½" strips
- 2 (1.12-oz.) packet McCormick fajita seasoning mix
- 1½ c. half and half
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- On a plate, season chicken with salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a work surface and let rest while you cook the vegetables.
- Add bell pepper and red onion to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Slice chicken into strips and return to skillet with vegetables. Sprinkle in fajita seasoning mix and toss to coat.
- Return skillet to medium-high and add pasta and half and half. Cook, stirring, until mixture is combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Garnish with more cilantro before serving.