Steak Pot Pie
This hearty Steak Pot Pie is the coziest fall dinner.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ lb. sirloin steak (about 3 steaks)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 (8-oz.) tube refrigerated Crescent dough
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add steak and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and let rest 5 minutes before cutting into ½” cubes.
- To skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes mores. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir to coat everything evenly. Slowly add broth, heavy cream, and worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add steak and peas to pan. Remove from heat.
- Unroll crescents and arrange in a circle around the outer circle of the skillet, stretching to fit as necessary. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake until crescents are golden and inside is bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes.