Pecan Pie Brownies
No time for a pie crust? Pecan pie brownies to the rescue!
- Cooking spray
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- ⅓ c. maple syrup
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 3½ c. whole or chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9"-x-13" baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Prepare brownies according to box instructions. Pour into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until brownies are set and no wet batter is visible.
- Meanwhile, make pecan filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and salt until smooth. Add eggs and stir until combined, then add pecans, stirring until fully coated.
- Top baked brownies with pecan topping, spreading evenly. Return to oven and bake until pecan mixture is set, 20 minutes more.
- Let brownies cool completely before slicing and serving.