THIS IS REALLY HOT!
- Michelada Mix
- Ice Cubes
- 4 Cans or Bottles of Good Mexican Beer, chilled
- (one of my favorites is Pacifico)
- 4 Large Glasses, for serving
- Chamoy and Tajin Chili-Lime Powder, for rimming glasses
- Various Toppings
- Michelada Mix:
- 1 Cup Clamato Tomato Juice
- ¼ Cup Chamoy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ Tablespoon Tapatio Hot Sauce
- ½ Tablespoon Tajin Chili-Lime Powder
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup Mexican Japanese Style Crunchy Peanuts
- Orange and lime slices for garnish
- Saladitos (died salted plums)
- Spicy Mexican Candy: Tamarindo Sticks and/or Lollipops
- Hot sauce, lime, chamoy and chili powder for drizzling on top
- Add about a ½ cup of chamoy sauce to a small bowl and about a ¼ cup Tajin to another small bowl. To rim glasses dip the top of the glass into the bowl of chamoy and coat heavily. Immediately after dip the top of the same glass into the bowl of Tajin and coat it with the powder. Rim all glasses then set aside.
- Make the michelada mix by combining all mix ingredients into a large glass or jar: clamato, chamoy, orange juice, lime juice, hot sauce and Tajin. Stir or shake well.
- Fill rimmed glasses with a small amount of ice then add in as much michelada mix as you would like. This will depend on the size of your glasses and your preference. Top the ice and michelada mix with the chilled beer.
- Lastly, add toppings: orange and lime slices, diced cucumber, peanuts, saladitos and spicy candy. Drizzle the top of everything with more hot sauce, lime juice, chamoy and Tajin. Serve immediately.