Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Just because Thanksgiving is over, doesn't mean you can't make this heavenly Caramel Pumpkin Pie.
- 1 pie dough
- ⅔ c. caramel, plus more for serving
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch kosher salt
- Whipped cream, for serving
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough out to a 12” circle. Transfer to a 9” pie plate and gently press dough into sides of pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Remove pie from fridge, and trim edges to a 1” overhang. Tuck edges underneath to be flush with edge of pie plate, then crimp edges. Pour caramel into bottom of pie crust and smooth into an even layer. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Adjust an oven rack to center position, and place a large baking sheet on the rack. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Stir in pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of salt.
- Pour pumpkin filling over frozen caramel, and place on preheated baking sheet. Bake until the crust is deeply golden and only the center of the filling is slightly jiggly, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven and slightly prop door open. Let pie cool in oven 1 hour. Remove pie from oven, and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Spread whipped cream over center of pie and drizzle with caramel to serve.