Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich
Bacon >>> bread.
- 12 slices bacon, halved
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 2 slices cheddar
- Hot sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400º and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (to help catch grease). Make a bacon weave: On a baking sheet, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side on the pan. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down. Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides. Lay the side slices back down. Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat to make a second weave.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, 25 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to blot grease.
- Meanwhile, cook egg: Grease a medium skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Spray the inside of a mason jar lid with cooking spray. Place mason jar lid in the center of skillet and crack an egg inside. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook 3 minutes until whites are set, then remove lid and continue cooking.
- Using the mason jar lid to trace a circle, trim edges of bacon weave with a sharp knife.
- Assemble sandwiches: Top each bottom bacon weave bun with mashed avocado, cheddar, fried egg, and hot sauce and sandwich with remaining bacon weave bun. Serve.
All rights and material belong to owners Delish.com